The Ceramic Coating
Your Ultimate Vehicle
The Detailed Guys provides wide range of packages for all your
WHAT’S A CERAMIC
At one point in time, a paste wax was the top shelf choice to enhance your vehicle’s shine while also protecting your paint from external elements like rain, bird poo, dirt, etc…
Fast forward 20 years, a bunch of scientists work their magic in a lab, and we now have a far more durable and superior form of protection: ceramic coatings.
Unlike Mr. Miyagi, this is not a “wax-on-wax-off” application. The ceramic coating is a semi-permanent liquid layer that bonds to the vehicles surface. It is commonly referred to as a “sacrificial” layer of protection as it’ll absorb the weather elements like rain, dirt, and snow to better protect the paint underneath.
As an analogy: The wax is like a tent protecting you in a forest. The ceramic coating is like a brick house in the forest. Both offer protection from rain and dust, but one is nothing like the other.
THE BENEFITS OF
There are a lot of coating companies that make some pretty big claims of what it can do. Although there’s some truth to the claims, I don’t like to oversell the capabilities of it.
So here are some benefits you actually get with a coating:
- + Produces the most durable protection that lasts be tween 3 to 9 years
- + You only need to apply it once (and not every 3 months like other forms of protection)
- + Creates a deep level of gloss that’s incomparable to other forms of protection like wax or sealant
- + Provides unmatched hydrophobic properties that keeps your car cleaner and makes it easier to wash
PAINT CORRECTION LEVEL 1
- 01. Clean wheels, tires, and fenders with a variety of brushes to reach all areas.
- 02. Thorough hand wash vehicle including cleaning the door jambs, gas cap, and removing bugs off the front end.
- 03. Chemically remove iron particles from your paint to prevent corrosive compounds that deteriorate your paint.
- 04. Clay bar your paint to remove remaining embedded dirt and debris (your paint will feel really smooth).
- 05. Tape off sensitive sections like the plastic trim to decrease the chance of polish buildup or staining.
- 06. The polish phase: Increase shine and clarity by polishing and removing the minor to medium imperfections in the paint.
- 07. Wipe down vehicle with polish remover to inspect the paint and its true condition.
- 08. Apply protection to the paint for added shine and protection (traditional wax/sealant or ceramic coating).
- 09. Dress tires to make them shine (they’ll be dry to the touch).
- 10. Clean exterior glass and windows to give you crystal clear vision.
- 11. Touch up any detailed areas like the emblem, exhaust, grille, etc…
Based on the size, condition, and type of paint, the time it takes can greatly differ. Two same sized cars can get the same service but one takes 6 hours while the other takes 9 hours.
$350 – $475
(Toyota Camry/Range Rover)
$375 – $650
$625 – $850
PAINT CORRECTION LEVEL 2
- 01. Clean Wheels, Tires, & Fenders Detail starts with a thorough cleaning of the wheel faces, wheel barrels, tires, and inner fender liner.
- 02. Gentle Foam Hand Wash Vehicle gets a thick layer of foam and a gentle hand wash (while we clean the jambs, gas cap, and remove bugs from paint).
- 03. Chemically Remove Iron Particles To ensure a clean surface, we remove iron particles from your paint via a chemical decontamination.
- 04. Clay Bar Treatment The next step to a clean surface is a clay bar treatment to remove any remaining embedded dirt and debris (your paint will feel really smooth).
- 05. Tape Off Sensitive Areas To decrease polish build up or staining, we’ll tape off and protect any trim/chrome/sensitive areas.
- 06. Step 1: Compound Phase (Correction) Safely remove a majority of the swirls and scratches from your paint with a machine polisher, cutting disc, and compound.
- 07. Step 2: Polishing Phase (Polish) This will increase shine and clarity by polishing the micro-scratches that are leftover from the compound phase
- 08. Paint Wipe Down To inspect true condition, we’ll wipe down the paint to remove any leftover polish residue that can be hiding imperfections
- 09. Apply Paint Protection Based on your choice of protection, we’ll apply a wax, sealant, or a durable ceramic coating
- 10. Dress Tires, Plastic & Trim To give the exterior an extra pop, most of the exterior plastic and trim will be dressed to an even black finish like the tires, fenders, and trim (it will not be greasy)
- 11. Clean Exterior Windows & Mirrors We’ll complete the detail with streak-free glass cleaning on all exterior surfaces
- 12. Final Touch Ups We’ll do a final inspection of all exterior surfaces and touch up any areas that need are attention
This is the most tedious and labor intensive service. Depending on your car, the condition, and the results you’re after, it can take between 8 to 20 hours to complete.
$425 – $650
(Toyota Camry/Range Rover)
$575 – $850